A coastal landscape photography adventure for professionals and amateurs on the Great Ocean Road and throughout Victoria in Australia.
This superb ten day photography trip, in the company of one of Australia’s award winning landscape photographers, is perfect for photography enthusiasts and amateur photographers from all nations. Learn the best way to get great landscape photos whilst having the opportunity to photograph some of the most stunning scenery found in Southern Australia.
This trip will include such iconic Australian landmarks as “The Twelve Apostles”, The Great Ocean Road, the lighthouses along the way (where we will be staying overnight wherever possible), the beautiful waterfalls and forests of the Otway Ranges, rugged Cape Nelson and much more. We will also be at these iconic locations for sunrises and sunsets to take advantage of the best light.
You’re collected from your Melbourne hotel and we head out towards Geelong and on to Pt. Lonsdale. In the evening we move out to the lighthouse here, before staying overnight at Pt.Lonsdale.
We move out from Pt.Lonsdale travelling on to Lorne for our overnight stay there. On the way we visit the world famous Bells Beach, where some of the worlds best surfing “big waves” are to be found, as well as Aireys Inlet Lighthouse, before moving into the Otway Ranges for some excellent waterfalls.
We explore the Otway Ranges and some further beautiful waterfalls including Hopetoun and Beauchamp Falls before heading into Apollo Bay, our overnight stop, spending some time to photograph the harbour area.
Waterfalls and forest scenery is on the agenda this morning before making our way out to Cape Otway, walking along the coast near to the Cape Otway Lightstation where we spend the night.
We move on towards Port Campbell National Park, stopping on the way to walk on the highest and longest forest canopy walk in the world at the Otway Fly. It’s then on to Wreck Beach for the adventurous for the walk to the anchors that can be found there.
This morning we catch our first glimpse of “The Twelve Apostles” and spend the day exploring the area, including Loch Ard Gorge, and Glenample Homestead. Tonight is spent at Port Campbell.
Today is spent exploring the coastal scenery. We visit “The Bay of Islands”, London Bridge, “The Grotto”, and other places of interest, before photographing the iconic “Twelve Apostles” at sunset. We again spend the night at Port Campbell.
Today we go to Port Fairy, visiting “The Crags” and Childers Cove on the way. At Port Fairy we explore Griffiths Island and take the opportunity to photograph the Lighthouse there. Tonight is spent at Port Fairy.
Today we travel to Cape Nelson via Portland, where we see interesting places such as “The Petrified Forest”. At Cape Nelson we explore the lighthouse and visit the Gannet Hatchery. Accommodation tonight is at the Cape Nelson Lighthouse.
Today we travel back to Melbourne – returning you to your hotel.
Additional activities and side trips included
Subject to time and seasonal availability
- Day 1 – Queenscliffe Maritime Museum
- Day 5 – Otway Fly
- Day 6 or 7 – Scenic Flight over “The Twelve Apostles”
- Day 8 – Flagstaff Hill Maritime Village and / or Tower Hill State Game Reserve (view native animals such as Koalas, Kangaroos, Emus etc)
- Day 9 – Cape Bridgewater boat trip to seal colony and visit to Gannet Hatchery.
- The trip includes all transport, and activities as mentioned in the itinerary (unless beyond our control when alternatives may be substituted), from collection at your hotel to return to your hotel at the end of the tour.
- Accommodation will be in high quality historic guest houses and lighthouses throughout the tour
- Meals throughout the tour will be breakfast, lunch and dinner daily with the first meal being lunch on day one and the last meal being breakfast or lunch on day ten, dependant on travelling time on day ten. Water and soft drinks will be provided for the duration of the trip. Alcoholic drinks (where available) will be charged extra.
- Admission Fees and side tour costs for visits as mentioned in the itinerary
- Transport will be by high quality small luxury coach
- For Chinese groups a Chinese speaking photographers guide will accompany the tour to cover the photographic aspects of the tour, if required. For other nationalities, please advise when tour request is made.
- Accommodation has not been included for the night before the commencement of the tour, or for your hotel on the evening of day ten, when the tour returns to Melbourne. We can however, for an additional charge, arrange to collect you from the airport and transfer you to a hotel of your choice, for the evening before the tour start, and also arrange the hotel for you for the evening of day ten, when the tour returns. Please advise us of this requirement, if needed, when booking this tour.
- Any transport, food, drink and accommodation not mentioned in the above inclusions and itinerary
- Any International or Domestic air fares
- Any touring not mentioned in the itinerary accept as may be offered by the tour operator
- Any personal expenses for additional food and drink etc not mentioned in the itinerary
- Laundry of any type
- Personal Insurance
Tour Group Sizes – 6 to 12 persons (please advise if larger groups are required). The tour can be arranged for couples and lower group numbers at an additional cost.
$US6,900.00 per person sharing a Twin/Double Room (Discounts are available for agents and clubs)