This is a 4 Days / 3 Nights tour which includes 2 rounds of golf, 5*or 4* B&B hotel accommodation, airport transfers, hotel/golf course return transfers, green fees, a meal at the golf course, and extended use of the transfer vehicle after the round of golf.
You have the option to purchase an additional round of golf on the day of arrival or departure, dependant on your arrival or departure times on those days.
The tour is variable to suit your requirements in duration, accommodation level and transport, and can be made into a Self-Drive tour if required. Priced per person for 2 golfers, we’ll give discounts for groups of 4 and 6 players and ONE FREE TOUR IN GROUPS OF 8 PLAYERS.
Day 1 – Arrive Melbourne
Melbourne, capital of Victoria is perhaps best known for its fine parks and gardens, gracious tree-lined streets; international restaurants; fashion and famous sporting events such as the Melbourne Cup; formula 1 Grand Prix and the Tennis Australia Open. It is also famous for the sandbelt corridor – making golfing a must.
Below the southern outskirts of Melbourne, is a rich vein of sandy loam subsoil upon which are situated eight of the best golf courses in Australia known throughout the world, as the famous Melbourne Sandbelt.
These Clubs have played host to countless great championships including The Australian Open, The Johnnie Walker Classic, The Australian Masters, The World Matchplay Championship, The Australian Women’s Open, and The President’s Cup.
On arrival to Melbourne and after clearing Immigration and Customs formalities, exit into the public area where you will be met by your driver for private transfer to the hotel.
Please Note: Normal check-in time for Australian Hotels is 2.00pm.
- Park Hyatt Melbourne, 1 Parliament Square, Melbourne VIC 3002
3nights/ Park Room incl. full breakfast
- Novotel Melbourne on Collins, 270 Collins Street, Melbourne VIC 3000
3nights/ standard Room incl. full breakfast
Day 2 – Melbourne (B/L)
Buffet breakfast included at hotel. Join your driver for private transfer to the golf course. Enjoy a game at either Royal Melbourne or Kingston Heath Golf Club.
Includes 18 holes of golf with pull buggy. This is a walking course. Motor-carts can be provided with medical certificate.
Royal Melbourne’s two courses, the East Course and the West Course, are each ranked amongst the best in the world. Royal Melbourne has hosted numerous national and international events, most famously the 1959 Canada Cup, and the 1970 World Cup. It was selected by the PGA Tour to hold the Presidents Cup for the first time outside the United States in December 1998. The Club will also host the Presidents Cup in 2011.
A combination of holes (12holes from West and 6holes from East) is called the Composite Course and in 2007 Golf Digest magazine ranked the Composite Course as the sixth best course in the world outside the United States.
Designer: Alister Mackenzie (1931)
Length: 6061/Par 72
Ranked: West Course #1 in Australia & East #8 in Australia
Walking only course. Motor-carts only available with medical certificate
Or Play at Kingston Heath Golf Club. Kingston Heath Golf Club is one of Australia’s best golf courses. Ranked as the number one course in Australia and the 27th best course in the world, Kingston Heath enjoys an enviable reputation for its superb conditioning all year round.
Kingston Heath has hosted many major tournaments including 7 Men’s Australian Opens, 1 Women’s Australian Open, 7 Australian Match Championships, 2 Tournament Players Championships, 7 Victorian Opens, 4 British Open Qualifying & the 2009 Australian Masters. It has just undergone major clubhouse renovations and we are now showcasing an amazing new clubhouse.
Designers: Dan Soutar (1925)/Alister Mackenzie (1926)
Length: 6436/ Par 72
Ranked: #2 in Australia
Walking only course. Motor-carts only available with medical certificate. After golf, rejoin your driver for transfer back to your hotel. Lunch included at the clubhouse (beverages at own expense)
Private vehicle for maximum 7 hours up to 2100hrs is at your disposal today.
Day 3 – Melbourne (B/L)
Buffet breakfast included at hotel. Join your driver for private transfer to the golf course. Enjoy a game at either Huntingdale (ranked #38) or Victoria (ranked #9).
Huntingdale Golf Club, located in the heart of Melbourne’s world famous ‘sandbelt’ region is one of Australia’s most prestigious private golf courses.
Since 1979, with the inaugural hosting of The Australian Masters, Huntingdale has played host to some of the most famous names in world golf, including Jack Nicklaus, Arnold Palmer, Seve Ballesteros, Greg Norman, Nick Faldo, Geoff Ogilvy and Tiger Woods. In 2008 Huntingdale celebrated the 30th consecutive year of hosting the Australian Masters and was justifiably recognised as ‘Home of the Australian Masters’.
Consistently rated as one of the best golf courses in Australia, Huntingdale greets players with superbly manicured fairways, strategic fairway bunkering and large undulating greens. This combination of features at Huntingdale ensures this course challenges the best professionals and the latest technology. The greens at Huntingdale are true and fast and are generally kept in “Masters” condition throughout the year. Players hitting wayward shots to the far side of the greens can anticipate long undulating putts. The final stretch of holes contain some of the toughest and finest finishing holes in the world.
Or Tthe Victoria Golf Club is acclaimed by golfers the world over for its fine hospitality and superb world championship course. Situated in the heart of Melbourne’s rolling sandbelt country, in the beachside suburb of Cheltenham, it offers a sporting experience on par with the worlds best. The beautifully landscaped par 72 course is designed to challenge both the amateur and professional golfer and was the host club for the 2002 Australian Open Championship and the 2010 and 2011 Australian Masters.
Includes 18 holes of golf with pull buggy. This is a walking course. (motor-carts can be provided with medical certificate)
Day 4 – Depart Melbourne (B)
Buffet breakfast included at hotel. Join your driver for private transfer to Melbourne airport.
Based on twin sharing. Nett per person in $US Dollars. Valid for low season (excluding event dates and New Years Eve) and subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
PARK HYATT MELBOURNE (BOUTIQUE 5 STAR)
- Confirmed on Request
NOVOTEL ON COLLINS (4 STAR)
- Confirmed on Request
On Day 4 – An additional game can be added to the package enabling 3 games of golf to be included in the 4 days. Dependant on arrival and departure times into and out of Australia, the additional game can be played on either Day 1 or Day 4.
1 game (18holes) at Huntington (ranked #38 in Australia) or Victoria (ranked #9 in Australia) or similar with pull buggy (walking courses) and lunch at golf club. Plus private transport from hotel to golf course after breakfast and hotel checkout, and including transfer to Airport. Plus private vehicle at disposal for 7 hours.
The additional cost to be added on to the 4 day package priced above is TBC.
High season rates on request.
- Accommodation – Twin share based on the hotels as specified in the itinerary or similar
- Meals / beverages as specified in the itinerary
- Transfers as specified in the itinerary by private vehicles /coach
- Hotel porterage
- Course green fees – 2 games included (18 holes each with pull trolley)
- GST at 10% (Goods and Services Tax)
- Airfares (domestic and international)
- Airport porterage
- Personal expenses such as drinks, laundry, phone calls etc.
- Meals and beverages (soft or alcoholic) other than those specified
- Tips and gratuities
- Travel insurance
- Optional tours
- Other government taxes that will be imposed after submission of this proposal
- Fuel levies and other supplier levies that are imposed after submission of this proposal
- Early check in or late check out
- Surcharge for Special Event periods
MAJOR EVENT/BLOCK OUT DATES (Rates on application for HIGH SEASON as minimum stays vary)
Australian Open Tennis 19-30Jan13
Melbourne Cup November 2012 (first Tuesday in November)
Grand Prix March 2013 (date still be to announced)
AFL Grand Final 27-30Sep
- The hotel and other services mentioned in this itinerary are not booked and are subject to confirmation at the time of booking. If we are unable to confirm services quoted on, we will endeavour to find a substitute and therefore may need to re-cost this programme.
- Cancellation fees will be kept to a minimum. Any cancellation fees levied by the hotels and/or our subcontractors will be passed on. Cancellation fees generally apply from approximately 45- 30 days prior to arrival, unless otherwise advised.
- We are not liable for any additional TAXES and LEVIES from the government and/or our suppliers after the submission of this proposal. Additional costs will be advised once known. You may then have the option to (1) pay for additional costs directly on arrival in Australia, (2) have us re-cost the tour for you reflecting the additional cost, or (3) have us send you an additional invoice for this cost.
- Check in time at hotels is usually between 14:00 and 15:00 hours. Should accommodation be required prior to these times, we suggest that you pre-register the group for the night before which is equivalent to one nights cost of the room.
- Check out time at hotels is usually between 10:00 and 11:00 hours. If a later check out is required, an additional cost on a per hour basis until 16:00 hours will apply. Any check out after 16:00 hours will be equivalent to one nights cost of the room.
- Some tours may be subject to weather conditions or minimum number of passengers before they operate. Occasionally, suppliers may cancel or postpone the date of the tour at short notice. Any changes shall be notified to you at the earliest opportunity.
Latest Issue 29th July 2012