These “mini-tours” can last from 8 days upwards, with the remaining days taken up with a mixture of Historical, Cultural and Fun visits and activities – or can be constructed to include an itinerary suggested by the clients booking the tours. These tours give students experience of the western world, interaction between students of other nationalities, an insite into the operation of overseas universities, and an opportunity to discover and explore connections between their own and the visited countries. They are also an ideal opportunity for students who are considering studying at an Australian university, to visit the university with their family, and to enjoy a family holiday at the same time. The accompanying tour package can be changed to suit the client’s requirements, and can also be structured around other Australian / New Zealand universities if needed.
This student educational tour provides groups of English speaking students from virtually any country, to have the opportunity to tour one of Australia’s premier universities, in one of its largest states.
A full day tour of the university, meeting, interacting, dining and debating with students attending the university, coupled with a seven day historical, cultural and fun tour, seeing and learning about some of the flora, fauna, history and culture of Queensland and Australia.
Day 01 – B
- Australia’s “most liveable city”, Brisbane is the capital of Queensland, the Sunshine State. While Brisbane is a vibrant but relaxed city with so much to see and do, it is also the gateway to the sun, surf and beaches of the Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast.
- You will be met at the airport by a local English speaking guide who will assist you to the hotel and with check-in.
- This afternoon enjoy a Brisbane City Tour with your guide. Discover Brisbane’s convict and colonial past and see its oldest buildings. See the magnificent St John’s Cathedral and City Hall, Treasury Casino, Parliament House and the Commissariat Store. Pass the City Botanical Gardens and stop on top of Kangaroo Point Cliffs for great views of the river and the city skyline. Cross the Story Bridge, passing Chinatown to Bartley’s Lookout, for a panoramic view of Brisbane. See Queensland’s oldest home and enjoy sweeping views from Mt Coot-tha Lookout. At the conclusion of the tour we will enjoy dinner at a local restaurant before you are returned to the hotel by coach.
Accommodation: At our selected properties in en-suite rooms (3 nights)
Day 02 – B, D
Continental breakfast at hotel
- Transfer from hotel to Brisbane University
- 1000hrs – Welcome and orientation to university followed by campus tour, accompanied by university students.
- 1200hrs – Visiting students and the university students go to the refectory / restaurant together for lunch, to have the ‘student experience’
- 1330hrs – After lunch a subject specific lecture and debate organised by the university.
- 1600hrs – Close
- Transfer from Brisbane University to hotel
- This evening your guide will accompany you to dinner at a local Brisbane restaurant with return transfers
Day 03 – B, D
Continental breakfast at hotel
- Full day Australia Zoo Tour accompanied by your local guide. The Sunshine Coast is the home of the Crocodile Hunter’s famous Australia Zoo. This tour will travel directly by coach to and from Australia Zoo, made famous by the devotion of much-loved, now deceased Crocodile Hunter, Steve Irwin, his wife Terri Irwin, and children Bindi and Bob. A legacy of wildlife documentaries has made Australia Zoo and Steve Irwin household names. You will have the day to experience the best of Australia Zoo. This wildlife “theme park” is too good to rush so we will allow six hours to view the shows and demonstrations including crocodile feeding and snake handling. The handlers even walk some animals through the park so you can get “up close and personal”. The zoo has a team of over 500 staff who believe in “conservation through exciting education”, and will ensure you have a wildlife experience you’ll never forget. A state-of-the-art wildlife hospital has also been opened at Australia Zoo. Lunch will be available to purchase during the day. Upon return to Brisbane a dinner stop will be made before the tour terminates at your hotel.
Day 04 – B, L, D
Continental breakfast at hotel
- Today we depart Brisbane with our English speaking guide and head west for about 90 minutes towards Toowoomba and the Darling Downs. Toowoomba is also known as “The Garden City” and located 127kms west of Brisbane. Situated on the crest of the Great Dividing Range, at some 700 metres above sea level, Toowoomba enjoys panoramic views, rick volcanic soil, and four wonderfully distinct seasons. The surrounding area – The Golden West or the Darling Downs, encompasses a vast expanse of rural Queensland, one of the richest agricultural areas in the world. Wonder at the scenic beauty of the region as the crest of the mountain lowers itself into undulating hills and then creates a vast expanse of rich, open plains. The region abounds with industry, agriculture and country style hospitality. Experience the true country lifestyle on a farming property with a host family. Hearty home-cooked meals, evening drinks on the verandah, mustering cattle like a long-lost cowboy and feeding the resident wildlife. This describes a typical day in the life of a host farm visitor. You will be met at a central meeting point in Toowoomba by your home host families, and will travel to their properties for an overnight stay. This afternoon enjoy the time spent on your property and get to know your family.
- Enjoy dinner with your home host family.
Accommodation: Farm stay properties – 3- 4 students per host farm
Day 05 – B, L, D
Enjoy a hearty breakfast with your host family
- After breakfast your host family will return you to the meeting point where you will rejoin the coach and continue touring from Toowoomba to Mt Tamborine and on to the Gold Coast. Enroute to the Gold Coast we travel via the Beaudesert to arrive at Mount Tamborine Vineyard & Winery. This was the first winery and vineyard to be established in the Gold Coast Hinterland Wine Country and they are very proud to be Mt Tamborine’s original boutique winery. They grow and produce all their own red, white and fortified wines at their Ballandean property, the Severn Hills Vineyard and Winery. Enjoy a delicious lunch in the restaurant before we continue touring.
- A national dinner will be served at a local Gold Coast restaurant (If restaurant available)
Accommodation: At our selected properties (3 nights)
Day 06 – B, D
Breakfast at the hotel
Morning at leisure on the Gold Coast to enjoy the beach, shop or just relax in Paradise!
- This afternoon your guide will accompany you to the Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary for the afternoon session of Lorikeet feeding followed by the Aboriginal dance, nocturnal wildlife and BBQ dinner buffet offering delicious food, traditional culture and Australian animals at their best. After dark Currumbin comes alive with activity in the Gold Coast’s only buffet and night-time wildlife tour. On arrival, the experience begins with a delicious Australian buffet, including a choice of hot dishes, salads and desserts. Then take a walk on the wild side and get closer to Australia’s native wildlife in a natural environment, and experience spellbinding, Aboriginal music, dance and culture. Enjoy an Aboriginal corroboree where you’ll see traditional dance mixed in with snake, possum and owl appearances as well as Dreamtime stories told by the dancers. The haunting sound of the didgeridoo echoing through the Sanctuary’s natural bush land is a truly memorable experience.
Day 07 – B, L, D
Breakfast at the hotel
- Today our guide will accompany you on the full day Dolphin Wild Cruise. Spend a day on the bay with Dolphin Wild and watch for sightings of dolphins, swim in aqua waters, feed fish, ride the boomnet and enjoy gourmet seafood! The cruise embarks upon an educational and scenic tour of Moreton Bay aboard the luxury 44 foot power catamaran the “Sea Watch”, which boards from the Redcliffe Jetty. The tour commences with a welcome orientation and safety briefing by the friendly crew before embarking upon the crystal clear waters of Moreton Bay. You now have an opportunity to soak up the sun, take in the scenery and watch for sightings of the variety of fascinating wildlife and marine animals that are prevalent in Moreton Bay. The experience is highlighted by expert commentary supplied by the resident naturalist. Marine animals such as dolphins and endangered loggerhead turtles and dugongs have all made their home in this beautiful environment. The majestic humpback whale migrates through the Australian Whale Sanctuary past Moreton Island. Take part in a guided snorkel tour of the Tangalooma Wrecks. This site is recognized as one of the world’s premier snorkelling destinations. There is a myriad of marine life in and around this artificial reef. For those that crave excitement, we recommend boom-netting: perfect for anyone who wants to try something exhilarating or simply just want to cool off in the clear refreshing waters that surround Moreton Island. A delicious buffet lunch featuring local prawns and crab will be served during the cruise. After lunch enjoy Moreton Island at your leisure. You can take this opportunity to explore the beach, participate in a game of beach cricket or soak up the sun or just relax with the Tangalooma wrecks as a spectacular backdrop. As we make our way back to Redcliffe Jetty, a delicious platter of tropical fruit is served. The perfect end to a perfect day!
- Tonight enjoy a farewell dinner on the Gold Coast with your guide.
Day 08 – B
Breakfast at the hotel
- Transfer from our hotel on the Gold Coast to Brisbane International airport with your guide
Depart Australia by flight (own arrangements)
Nett in $US dollars for above group
Min 25 paying passengers + 1 Group Leader F.O.C: $US 2,545.00 per person sharing a twin / double room.
Min 30 paying passengers + 1 Group Leader F.O.C: $US 2,430.00 per person sharing a twin / double room.
Single Room Supplement: $US 578.00 nett per person.
Triple Room Reduction: $US 90.00 nett per person.
FOC is based in a single room.
(Agency discounts are available for groups of minimum 25 persons)
(Smaller groups can be accommodated at a higher individual cost)
- 07 nights share twin accommodation as specified below.
- 07 breakfasts.
- 02 lunches, including lunch on Day 05 at Mt Tamborine Winery and including lunch on full day Wild Dolphin Cruise on Day 07. (All other beverages to be paid for on the day by guests, unless stipulated)
- 07 dinners, including dinner in Brisbane at local restaurants on Day 01, Day 02 and Day 03, and including dinner with Farm host family on Day 04, including National dinner in local restaurant (if restaurant available) on Day 05, including dinner and show at Currumbin Wildlife Park on Day 06 and including dinner at a local restaurant on Day 07. (All other beverages to be paid for on the day by guests, unless stipulated)
- English speaking meet and greet guide on arrival in Brisbane on Day 01 to accompany on city tour and dinner.
- English speaking local guide to accompany to dinner in Brisbane on Day 02.
- English speaking local guide to accompany on full day Australia Zoo Tour and dinner on Day 03.
- English speaking local guide to accompany on overnight Farm host stay in Toowoomba region on Day 04 & Day 05.
- English speaking local guide to accompany on afternoon/evening Currumbin Wildlife Night Tour on Day 06.
- English speaking local guide to accompany on full day Wild Dolphin Cruise and dinner on Day 07.
- English speaking departure assistance guide in Brisbane on Day 08.
- Coaching in deluxe, air-conditioned sole use coach with professional commentary driver
- All sightseeing and transfer services as specified
- Hotel porterage where available
- Airfares Travel Insurance Items of a personal nature Beverages
- Any item not specified as being included
To February 2012